Home > New York Drive-ins by Region > Central New York Region > Onondaga County Drive-ins > DeWitt Drive-in
|Location: 3179 Erie Blvd. E, DeWitt, NY 13214|
|Capacity: 950 cars|
|Original owner: Slotnick Theatres, later operated by Carrolls Development|
|Opening date: July 8, 1950|
|Final season: 1984|
|What's there now: Shopping plaza anchored by Paradise Market, Factory Card Outlet, and Empire Buffet. Formerly known as Hechinger Plaza.|
This page was last updated on November 14, 2010.
|Topo Map from 1978, courtesy of TerraServer USA.||Aerial image taken in 1951, courtesy of Onondaga County Soil and Water District..||Aerial image taken in 1966, courtesy of Onondaga County Soil and Water District..||Aerial image from 2003, courtesy of Google Earth.|
|Grand opening ad from the Syracuse Journal Herald on July 8, 1950.||Appology ad from the Syracuse Journal Herald in 1964.||DeWitt Drive-in marquee from the Syracuse Herald Journal in 1984, courtesy of Steven Houde.||Ballantyne drive-in car speaker from the DeWitt Drive-in, courtesy of Steven Houde.|
|Ballantyne drive-in car speaker from the DeWitt Drive-in, courtesy of Steven Houde.||Paradise Market Plaza entrance sign from 2010, courtesy of Steven Houde.||Paradise Market Plaza from 2010, courtesy of Steven Houde.|
[ New York Drive-ins by Region ] [ Open New York Drive-ins ] [ New York Drive-in Statistics ]
[ History of the American Drive-in Theatre ] [ Google Earth Map of New York Drive-ins ] [ Drive-in Links ] [ Email ]
NewYorkDriveins.com is not affiliated with the above mentioned drive-in.
© 2008-2010 NewYorkDriveins.com. All rights reserved.