Home > New York Drive-ins by Region > Central New York Region > Oneida County Drive-ins > New Hartford Drive-in
New Hartford Drive-in
aka WGAT Drive-in (orginal name was changed to New Hartford Drive-in a few years after the WGAT Drive-in was sold to Kallet Theatres in the mid-1950s).
|Location: 4500 Commercial Drive, Utica, NY 13413|
|Capacity: 750 cars|
|Original owner: J. Eric Williams and WGAT Radio, bought by Kallet Theatres in the early 1950s|
|Opening date: October 4, 1949|
|Final season: 1983|
|What's there now: Shopping plaza, anchored by Price Chopper, Toys R Us, and Empire Vision.|
This page was last updated on December 6, 2009.
|Topo Map from 1955, courtesy of TerraServer USA.||Aerial image from 1977, courtesy of the Oneida County Soil and Water Conservation District.||Aerial close-up image from 1977, courtesy of the Oneida County Soil and Water Conservation District.||Aerial image from 2005 courtesy of Google Earth.|
|Now open ad from the Utica Observer Dispatch on October 7, 1949.||Free car contest ad from the Utica Daily Press on June 27, 1950.||Camillus Commons sign from 2007, courtesy of Rick Cohen.||Camillus Commons sign from 2007, courtesy of Rick Cohen.|
[ New York Drive-ins by Region ] [ Open New York Drive-ins ] [ New York Drive-in Statistics ]
[ History of the American Drive-in Theatre ] [ Google Earth Map of New York Drive-ins ] [ Drive-in Links ] [ Email ]
NewYorkDriveins.com is not affiliated with the above mentioned drive-in.
© 2008-2010 NewYorkDriveins.com. All rights reserved.